Maximize Your Income Protection with Group Long-Term Disability Coverage
Add up to $10,000 per month of protection by supplementing your individual disability insurance.
Running a successful practice is complicated these days. You’re faced with reduced reimbursements and increased overhead. Regulatory and compliance issues. A tough economy. We get it. So we understand that purchasing -- or even considering -- a Group LTD plan is not on your priority list.
But the numbers don’t lie. A recent report on U.S. physician’s financial preparedness indicates that 42% of respondents haven’t reviewed their disability insurance policy within the past five years or since they purchased it, and 60% bought their policies more than 10 years ago. The same report shows that physicians carry an average of $5,000 - $10,000 per month of disability insurance protection. Is that enough coverage for you?
Specialized – and Affordable -- Income Protection Physicians
- Typically, the cost for up to $10,000 in monthly coverage averages $250 per month.
- A unique business protection rider can give your practice an additional monthly benefit of $10,000-$15,000
- No offset or coordination of benefits. Stack group disability coverage on top of your individual plan.
- Easy to buy. No need for medical questions or examinations.
- Optional Pension Contribution benefit, up to $2,500 per month.
- May be available on a tax-free basis.
- Backed by the A+ rated strength of Sun Life Financial (link to pdf flyer)
More power to you. At Medical Group Insurance Services (MGIS), we specialize in group disability coverage for physicians and physician groups. That’s all we do. With MGIS, you’re backed by the company that pioneered specialized benefits for the physician marketplace beginning in 1969. More importantly, you can be confident at claims time that you and your most valuable assets will be protected.